Mar 19, 2018
Compact unit for punch velocity control
Physical Sciences, Mechanical Engineering
- Velocity modulation
- Simulataneous operation
- Quality improvement of the workpiece
the efficien-cy of the overall process, these operations are usually executed in parallel. This is realized equipping an upper stage tool with several different active elements. Each of these elements executes a specific operation. The main problem of this approach is, that the optimal operational efficiency of the diffe-rent active elements is reached at different operational velocities. To optimize the overall process, it is necessary to find a compromise between the different operational velocities.
This invention consist of a compact displacement transmitter, which allows for tuning the operatio-nal speed of the single active elements, so that each of those can operate at its best conditions. This transmitter is based on hydraulic displacement transmission. The transmission ratio can be adjusted by changing the diameter of a large and a small punch. This invention has in particular the following advantages:
- The transmitter can be easily integrated into existing tools;
- The trasmitter allows either for an increase or a descrease of the velocity of the active element with respect to the velocity of the upper stage tool;
- All active elements are coupled and act simultaneously on the workpiece although at different velocities;
- Overall, the process becomes more efficient and the quality of the produced workpiece is improved.
(left) schematic representation of a stage tool mounting two displacement transmitters. The transmitters reduce the velocity of the active elements with respect to the velocity of the upper stage tool. (up right) Dispacement of the active elements in dependece on the position of the upper plate; the position is indicated by an angle, because the upper plate moves in cycles. All elements move consistently following the same trend with respect to the motion of the upper plate. (low right) velocities of the active elements (first derivative of the displacement) in dependence on the position of the upper plate.
The invention can be applied for industrial stamp operation.